Blake Lively isn’t shying away from taking the witness stand in her current legal dispute with Justin Baldoni.
“Yes,” confirmed actress “It Ends With Us”’s attorney Mike Gottlieu to People on Thursday when questioned about her testimony. “The definitive time for a plaintiff’s narrative to unfold is during the trial.”
He continued, “We expect that to be the case here [with Lively]. So we would, of course, expect her to be a witness at her trial. Of course she’s going to testify.”
Bryan Freedman, Baldoni’s lawyer, reacted to the news that Lively was set to testify.
telling the outlet
“Given Ms. Lively is willing to testify, we should ensure her testimony is impactful.”
“Hold the deposition at MSG, sell tickets or stream it, and donate every dollar to organizations helping victims of domestic abuse,” Freedman said, adding that the film’s director “will be testifying” as well.
FOR ADDITIONAL CELEBRITY UPDATES, RECEIVE PAGE SIX DIRECTLY IN YOUR EMAIL EVERY DAY
The ex-co-stars’ trial is not
set to take place
until March 2026 in a New York City federal court.
Lively, 37,
recently hinted
She has plenty to share regarding her supposed encounters—but hesitated to do so.
I have numerous thoughts regarding the past two years of my existence, however, this evening isn’t an appropriate setting,” stated the lead actor from “The Age of Adaline.
Time100 Gala
in April before sharing a heartfelt account of her mom’s assault story.
Lively has filed a lawsuit against Baldoni, who is 41 years old.
for sexual harassment
, claiming that he made disrespectful comments
past porn addiction
,
her sex life
and made
other women “uncomfortable” on set
.
She has also alleged that he and his crisis PR team
initiated a defamation campaign against her
, releasing a series of messages in which they admitted they have the power to “take down anybody.”
However, Baldoni has refuted all allegations of misconduct and counter-sued Lively, her spouse Ryan Reynolds, and their publicist, Leslie Sloane.
a $400 million lawsuit
For defamation, extortion, and additional claims.
The former star of “Gossip Girl” has attempted to reach out to the ex-star of “Jane the Virgin.”
countersuit tossed out
arguing before the judge through her legal representatives that this action contravenes California’s statutes protecting the rights of individuals who have experienced sexual harassment to express themselves freely. She further characterized the lawsuit as “motivated by revenge” and as an act of retaliation.
The judge has not yet issued a decision regarding this issue, so the cases remain scheduled for trial.
Other than Lively, additional celebrities who
might need to provide testimony
are Taylor Swift and Hugh Jackman.
The Daily Mail stated in April that the international music icon, aged 35, along with the actor known as “Wolverine,” who is 56 years old, are expected to receive subpoenas from Baldoni’s legal team shortly.
It is thought they had a part in Lively’s situation.
tries to establish her dominance
over the popular film.
Lively previously messaged Baldoni saying she felt “incredibly fortunate” to have her “guardians,” referring to Swift and Reynolds as the protective figures, at number 48.
Baldoni’s lawyer Freedman told Page Six in part Thursday, “Although obviously uncomfortable for the Lively parties, the truth is not a distraction. The truth has been clearly shown through unedited receipts, documents and real life footage.”
He further claimed, “Blake was the one who brought her high profile friends into this situation without concern for their own personal or public backlash. As the truth shows, she used her dragons to manipulate Justin at every turn.”